Securing Pages On Your Site
- Log in as an admin to your site.
- Go to the page you wish to secure (or Create A New Page first).
- Click the “Settings” link for your page (may appear as a gear icon on your page).
- Click the “Security” tab. You should see something similar to the following (the following may be arranged in tabs as well):
- Normally, you just want to ensure that unauthorized users can’t see your page. Therefore, simply unselect “All Users” under the area, “Roles that can view this page”. That way, only administrators can get to the page. Or, you can select/create a new role that a user must be a member of before they can access your page. For example, we could create new role called “Staff”. I could conceivably check that box to ensure that only those people whom I’ve designated as staff members can access the page. Please contact your web developer if you want would like to create a new role for your site.
- Note #1: The “Authenticated User” role is simply someone with a valid eID. So, for example, if I were to check the “Authenticated Users” box under “Roles That Can View This Page” above, I would effectively make this page visible to only those with valid eID logins (CSU affiliates, including students/staff).