Adding a Booklet to your Site
If you want to link to create a booklet on your website, like the one at the bottom of this page, here’s how:
- Head on over to http://issuu.com/ and create an account/sign in.
- Click “Upload” at the top of the page.
- Select a file to upload; PDFs are recommended. Need to convert a document in a different file format to PDF?
- Once done, give the document a short title/description and click “Publish Now”
- Click “Open Publication” to see what you just published.
- Click “Share” at the bottom of the page, then “Embed”
- Click Styling Options. Typically all you need to adjust is the size of the publication; oftentimes the “Small” presetting is adequate. Fancy individuals might also like to adjust the background color to something CSU-ish (eg #004810 is a good value), or just use a transparent background
- At the bottom of the pop-up window there should be some Embed Code to copy. It should look something like this:
- Once copied, head back over to your site and sign in.
- Once you are at the page to which you want to add a link, click the “Edit” link on your page (to edit the page’s content)
- Click “Source” with your editor in order to see the HTML code
- Paste the code you copied from issuu into your editor (where desired)
- Click ‘Update’ and confirm that your Issuu publication looks as you want it. You may have to refresh the page in order to see the booklet. You are also welcome to go back to their site and change the Styling options for your publication. Or, if all you need to do is change the size, it’s easy enough to go back into Source view on your site and adjust the height/width. Taking the above code sample, you’d simply change 600 for the width and 400 for the height to some other number.