Tracking E-mail OpensNovember 24, 2016
Installing the Oracle Client In Order To Connect to Banner/ODSDecember 6, 2016
I recently had the problem of connecting to a machine running Windows 8.1. To solve the problem, I had to edit Group Policy, as per http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display/istcontrib/Establishing+an+RDP+connection+with+a+Windows+8.1+client+from+Mac+OS+X
- Verify that the firewall allows remote desktop connections with RDP (Port 3389)
- Click Start > Run.
- Type gpedit.msc and click OK.
- In the left hand side bar, expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host.
- Select Security.
- Change “Require use of specific security layer for remote desktop (RDP) connection” to Enabled and select RDP in the Options pane.
- Change “Require user authentication for remote connections by using Network Level Authentication” to Disabled.
- Close Group Policy Editor and reboot the machine for changes to take effect.